- Keep it simple. DEFINE your goal. Be specific and make it attainable. e.g. Walking for 10 minutes every morning; eating a salad once a day; taking a morning fitness class every Monday and Wednesday of the week.
- No exceptions. Don’t change the rules to suit the needs of the day. If you have selected a specific day/time to complete your new habit don’t change it to another day.
- Talk. After you’ve determined the goal, tell friends and family (especially your friends at DEFINE mind & body Dubai). They are your support team who will help you stay on track, keep you motivated, and may even join you on this wonderful journey.
- Affirmation. Positive thinking, positive mental attitude, and self-empowerment will help you achieve your goal. i.e. Create and repeat a daily affirmation (“I am strong, I am brave, I am smart!”) to keep you motivated.
- Persist. Practice, repeat, practice, repeat. Difficult times will come but don’t let them stop or delay you from your goal. Persist through the mental and physical challenges. All great musicians, athletes, artists and teachers have succeeded because of their persistence.
- Reward yourself. Everyone loves a little reward. Rewards may help keep you motivated. e.g. Rewards can be as simple as upgrading a small cup of coffee to a large at the end of the week, getting a new workout top, or taking a bubble bath.
DEFINE mind & body Dubai can help you achieve your absolute best! Have you ever heard the saying “it only takes 21 days to make a new habit or change an old habit”? Can it be done in 21 days? Is it really possible to become a better version of yourself in a short period? Short answer: It depends. (Truth) Creating a new habit or changing a habit can be accomplished in a short period depending on several factors: How complex is the change, Mustering the courage to take that first step, How will you maintain the discipline, Are you willing to put in the hard work. It can be done, and YOU can do it. Choosing a medium complexity habit such as drinking a glass of water, instead of coffee, first thing in the morning has a greater potential to be infused in your life after 21 days. A more complex habit, quitting smoking, may take longer than 21 days but still can be accomplished. So where does one begin? Let’s start with a few simple tips: